Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Pawsitively Wholesome Dog Treat Review

OH MY DOG FURENDS!!!


We were given the opportunity to review some Pawsitively delicious treats!


We received three sample sized treats to review in exchange for our honest opinion. 

Pawsitively Wholesome (PW) has home made dog treats made from natural ingredients-no fillers-no preservatives!

According to the about section of the PW website, Kristi, the founder and owner was inspired to feed her dogs quality treats and since the store bought ones contained unknown ingredients she started to bake in her own kitchen! After sharing them with her dogs and furends dogs she was encouraged to start her own business.


We received the following:
~Pawdon My Breath Cookies:  Whole Wheat Flour, Rolled Oats, Molasses, Honey, Parsley, Rosemary Extract, Ascorbic Acid

~Bad to the Bone Cookies: Ingredients: Whole Wheat Flour, Molasses, Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar, Rosemary Extract, Ascorbic Acid

~Sadie's Sweet Potato Chips: Ingredients: 100% Sweet Potatoes

I had both Mason and Nelson try them; Lemon just got in on the action when he realized food was to be had. Their review will be M: N: and L:


Above you will see in order from bottom to top:

Bad to the bone cookies: These are smaller in size and are soft. They smelled strongly of molasses and reminded me of the treats we fed our horses as kids. It was so soft that they fell apart easily. May not be good for taking in your pocket.
 
M: Of course Mason loved it. He gobbled everyone's share down!

N: Sniffed it, and at least gave it a lick. A lick is very generous in his book. If it does not involve actual meat-he doesn't want it. Nelson did not want to taste it.

L: Upon Nelson leaving his share on the porch floor Lemon decided to take a bit and actually ate it!





all the pictures are a bit blurry as he was moving pretty fast





Pawdon My Breath:

These also smelled strongly of molasses and I could see the oats. They are round in shape, soft, moist, and not as fragile as the bone cookies. 

M: Loved these as well! He tried to see if more were in the bag. 

N: Didn't bother with a sniff. Looked at me like I was a moron for trying to feed him something not made of meat.
 
L: Ate Nelson's share off the porch floor. Cat approved!



We tried to get a photo of him with the bags but after 7 shots this is the best one we got.

Sweet Potato Chips:

These are dehydrated sweet potato slices. Considering I have tried to make these and failed miserably-Brava! These are perfectly crispy.

M: NOMNOMNOM crunched them up.

N: Gave me the death eyes

L: Licked it, bit it, and then used it as a flying saucer toy. Mason later cleaned it up after he got distracted and played in a shoe. 





Why do we love them?

1. They smell good! I cannot stand treats that stink and make my hands stink! These smell like cookies I want to eat!

2. Nothing bad in them! No preservatives, no fillers, just 100% goodness

3. Small Business. I LOVE small, home create businesses. I actually will pay more and go out of my way to buy things from businesses like this. I am just sad it isn't local to me. 

4. Their instagram is fabulous. 

Like Krista and her four leggers on facebook!


~Stinky Kisses (well maybe not after a whole bag of Pawdon my breath cookies),

Mason 











4 comments:

  1. those look pretty yummy and we bet you enjoyed them

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very thorough test! Well done!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the review! We will have to check them out!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop by our blog on Friday - we have nominated you for an award!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Please be respectful, I do not like to bite!