Monday, October 29, 2012

A Rant From the Momma!

Do you all remember when I posted a link to Obie, the overweight dachshund? His facebook can be found here.

Nora is the lovely lady who decided to foster this boy to help him lose over 50 pounds! Can you believe the Oregon Dachshund Rescue is opening a lawsuit to gain custody of this dog?

Here is one of the news articles: http://www.katu.com/news/local/Obie-the-overweight-dog-isnt-going-anywhere-at-least-for-now-176307171.html

I think it brings great shame upon the person who decided to open up this lawsuit and only hurts THEM! I know I personally would be afraid to adopt from them ever in fear of them seizing my dog!

If you want to check out ODR's facebook page, if you decide to leave a strongly worded message I won't tell on you!

~Mommy

8 comments:

  1. Gonna have to check this out . . . .

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grr! I went over and left several comments
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been following Obie's story...it's so sad that the rescue is starting a lawsuit against the wonderful foster! As a lot of people are saying, it's not going to give them any good press...only greed and poor use of rescue funds! :-( At least the judge is allowing Obie to stay with her right now! I hope it continues this way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mom here - I went to their Facebook page and was not surprised at all to learn that it is NOT the volunteers who really care about the Rescue and the dogs there who are causing the problem rather it is one or two of the people in charge or in authority who are causing problems - those who are control freaks and power hungry. Ok - enuf of that I do appreciate your post as it gave me a chance to get "the rest of the story" What matters, at least for sometime, Obie will stay where he belongs - with Nora. But I would still have to agree with you - I'd be afraid to adopt because who knows if someone from the Rescue would try to get the dog back. This truly is sad since the money being spent on the lawsuit should be going to care for the dogs. Ok - really enuf now.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awful for the peeps who are showing so much kindness. Have a terrific Tuesday Mason.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sorry to hear that. I hope it gets better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to leave a mean comment to them, went there, but we don't do face book, so leave one for us!!!

    Your Furiends
    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know of this story before and find it a bit confusing. I don't understand why the rescue centre would want to sue a foster family who are working in the dog's best interest. I think its a very sad state of affairs and hope that the lawsuit is dropped soon before it gets further out of control.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Please be respectful, I do not like to bite!